Friday, August 1, 2014

#RPGaDay Day 1: First RPG I Played


Around 20 years ago, or so, I got into RPGs when I started high school and found people with actual common interests and not just me pretending to care what other people liked so I could fit in. My friends Jeremiah and Steve had both played versions of Dungeons & Dragons in the past, but everyone was a lapsed gamer now, but I was so intrigued that I bugged Jeremiah into letting me borrow his AD&D2e books and dove right in, eagerly devouring everything. Soon we had a revolving group with multiple GMs and characters switching in and out like crazy...but my first actual RPG experience with something resembling coherent rules was a one on one game DMed for me, before I took over the reigns as DM and scarcely ever relinquished them.

AD&D2e still holds a special place in my heart. I loved the support material (still own select chunks of it), and it is still my favorite version of D&D...I just no longer have a passion for Dungeons & Dragons.

Still, this blog probably would not be here, right now, without that book posted up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment