Tuesday, May 12, 2015

What Do You Want In Reviews?

I am in a bit of a quandry. I am rapidly reaching the point, at least right now, in which I am unable to keep up the pace of my reviewing (right now, anyway), certainly at a deep depth, but I am loathe to abandon my Tuesday-Friday schedule which has proven to be great for blog traffic.

So I am now in the process of revising my review procedures, and I thought it would behoove me to ask: When you read a review, what are you looking for? What information are you trying to glean from the review? More importantly, what are you hoping to get out of a review I post on my blog?

This applies to consumers and publishers alike. Are you looking for a chapter by chapter breakdown of the book? Are you interesting in what I believe are the high points and low points? Do you tune out when I write too much? Do you feel cheated when I write too little? Are you interested in more board game reviews?

Help me out here. I want to know what you want to read from this blog. Do you even want to read my reviews anymore? Is there something else you would rather see when you visit here? Are you just here for the free stuff? I will consider all honest, constructive feedback. You can post it in the comments below, or you can email me at tommybrownell(a)gmail(dot)com. If you follow me on social media, feel free to let me know what you think there. I am not threatening, implying or hinting that I am closing the blog, but as I have more opportunities in front of me, and more outside projects on my plate, I want to make the energy spent here to be as fruitful as possible for as many people as possible, myself included.

Thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment