Sunday, September 22, 2013

Marvel Accelerated: The Midnight Sons


Three more Marvel characters that I enjoyed in the 90s and haven't care much for their recent stories: Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze and Morbius of the Midnight Sons! The I Am A Midnight Son Aspect that all three shares pretty much ties them into the war with Lilith and her Lilin, rather than creating a second aspect that essentially covered the same ground.

Name: Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch)
High Concept: The Spirit of Vengeance
Trouble: What Demon Am I?
Aspects: I Ride When Innocent Blood Is Spilled, I Am A Midnight Son, Barbara Ketch’s Death in on My Hands

Approaches
Careful: +0
Clever: +1
Flashy: +3
Forceful: +2
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +1

Stunts
Because I Have A Flaming Motorcycle, I can drive wherever I need to.

Because I have the Penance Stare, once per game session I can spend a Fate Point to add a new Consequence when Cleverly Attacking an opponent with innocent blood on their hands.

Because I have a Mystical Chain, I gain a +2 when Forcefully Attacking or Overcoming an Obstacle using the chain.

Stress 3

Consequences

Refresh 3

Notes: I made Danny Ketch much less of a factor than Bruce Banner is for The Hulk, because Ketch tended to be a much smaller part of the Ghost Rider book than Banner was. The Penance Stare may seem a tad underpowered, but in my experience, it always proved to be more of an informed ability as the only characters that ever seemed to be completely neutralized by it were relatively minor villains. This is the version of Ketch that isn't aware that Noble Kale is inhabiting his body, rather than Zarathos or another demon.


Name: Johnny Blaze
High Concept: Ex Spirit of Vengeance
Trouble: Deal With The Devil
Aspects: World Class Stunt Rider, I Am A Midnight Son, The Quentin Carnival is My Family

Approaches
Careful: +1
Clever: +2
Flashy: +3
Forceful: +1
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts
Because I have a Hellfire Shotgun, I gain a +2 when Forcefully Attacking or Overcoming an Obstacle using the Shotgun.

Because I have a Mystical Motorcycle, I can drive wherever I need to go.

Because I Hunt Demons, I gain +2 when attempting to Cleverly Create an Advantage against supernatural foes.

Stress 3

Consequences

Refresh 3

Notes: I love Hellfire Shotgun Blaze. Rather than give him a Stunt for his motorcycle riding, I left it alone and he'll just use the Aspect as needed. Though Blaze is free from Zarathos, he knows he's never REALLY free...and Deals with the Devil are not broken lightly.


Name: Morbius
High Concept: The Living Vampire
Trouble: I Must Only Drink The Blood of the Guilty
Aspects: Nobel-Prize Winning Biochemist, I Am A Midnight Son, I Must Find A Cure

Approaches
Careful: +1
Clever: +2
Flashy: +0
Forceful: +1
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +3

Stunts
Because I can ride wind currents, I can spend a Fate point to glide long distances.

Because I can mesmerize my foes, I gain a +2 when Cleverly creating an Advantage against an opponent.

Because I am Hard to Kill, I can spend a Fate Point to downgrade a Consequence once per session.

Stress 3

Consequences

Refresh 3

Notes: Morbius doesn't heal quite as fast as Wolverine does, but he does heal quickly. He's struggling with his bloodlust and has agreed to only drink the blood of the guilty. Being a Living Vampire, he has some of the abilities and weaknesses of a vampire, but not all of them (he doesn't burst into flame in the sunlight, but he tries to avoid it, for instance).

Again, I'm a Fate novice...so I'm open to comments and suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment