Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Call to the Community - Chris Pramas & Cadaver Bone


I don't normally do two blog posts in one day, but both needed posting and I didn't want one to piggy back off the other, so here goes:

Chris Pramas of Green Ronin, who I've never had dealings with personally, but who seems to be a swell guy by all accounts, and who designed the Dragon Age pen and paper RPG which I love to ABSOLUTE PIECES, is having to undergo bone fusion surgery in his neck pretty soon, and while his insurance is going to cover MOST of it, "most" means he still owes $10,000 after the surgery. Now, he's not asking for a handout...but he did ask for a little help from his friends.

I like it when friends come together and help each other out. It's just one of those things that makes me smile. So what Chris' friends have done (and by "friends" I mean an all-star line-up of guys like John "Leverage" Rogers, Ed "Forgotten Realms" Greenwood, Steve "ICONS" Kenson, Robin "Feng Shui" Laws, John "Unknown Armies" Tynes, Matt "Brave New World" Forbeck and David "Dragon Age" Gaider to name a few) is they have agreed to write a dark fantasy anthology called Cadaver Bone (because Chris is going to have a cadaver's bone fused into his neck, see) in order to raise the $10,000 to cover the remainder of Chris' medical bills.

Like I said, puts a smile on my face. As of this writing, they are almost at $7,500 with 30 days left to go.

Let's not make Chris sweat, huh? Let's help his friends help him. Heck, if you're a Mutants & Masterminds player (I'm not) you can kick in $5 and get a PDF of a villain named Cadaver Bone if that's more your speed.

I've put my money where my mouth is, because on this day I am able to, because I respect Chris' work and because I do dearly love seeing people pull together for their friends.

I wish you the absolute best of luck with your surgery and recovery, Mr. Pramas.

No comments:

Post a Comment