Monday, October 31, 2016

Asking for Help

So this absolutely sucks, but here goes:

As many of you know, my Dad had a stroke a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, this has placed his household in a significant bind. He has no insurance, he has no income, medical bills are going to pile up and since he can't stay in in-patient rehab, his house needs equipment and modifications.

On top of it, he was also the guy that pretty much kept the vehicles running, and his household (my stepmom, stepbrother, stepsister and stepgrandmother) are left with unreliable transportation, which is particularly bad when you have a recovering stroke patient in your house.

My Dad has always figured out how to take care of everything. Mostly by working his ass off harder than about anyone I have ever known. Unfortunately, life is one up on him now and his household needs help. To that end, my stepsister has set up a Go Fund Me page to attempt to help cover the mounting expenses.

I am doing what I can, but what I can is fairly limited. I have a household of my own, as most of you know, and we have our own challenges we are struggling with, so I can't financially support two households as much as it is killing me.

So...we need help. If you can spare it, Dad and his household would appreciate anything you can do. I would appreciate anything you can do. I don't like asking for help, and neither does my Dad, but sometimes you you have to stop and take stock of the realities of your situation.

Thank you in advance for anything you are able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment